Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Learning a new StampingTechnique

I am so, so happy with myself! Carrie had posted a technique that she uses when she stamps and other ladies joined in on the chat too - this is from a Yahoo group that I am on. I watched and read and believe it or not, learned!

The technique is using colored pencils, blending stump and Gamsol (mineral spirits). I stamp my images with Stazon ink and use Prisma colored pencils (beware, this is not cheap) to color an image. I then dunk a blending stump in Gamsol (which I had to go to two different art stores to find). And then I go over the colored image. You got a really nice colored image!

I can't believe how easy it was to do! I was experimenting with different coloring techniques using pastels, watercolor pencils and watercolor crayons and not getting the 'look' that I was wanting! This technique is just perfect!

I'm working on coloring a House Mouse image (it's a Christmas image with Hop-It and Bumble - bunnies). Once I'm done coloring it, I'm going to use it for a Christmas card that I'm going to use for a Christmas card exchange on a Bunny group.

Laters Gators!!!

No comments: