Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

More new cards!!!

Hooray! I made two more cards yesterday! Hooray!!! That makes a total of Three cards this month! Oh my...that's like a record for me or something. LOL!!!

The owl card was made for a certain little girl, my niece Zoe. When I went back to Guam in January, I met her for the first time. I loving teased her by calling her 'Zorie' which is Chamorro (the native language of Guam) for flip-flops. Only because Zoe and Zorie sounds alike! Well....when I returned home to Colorado, I found some candy, in a box shaped like a Zorie! It was too adorable and I had, HAD to buy it for Zoe. The box is pink with owls on it. Hence, the reason why I made this card! I really love the inside!!! I hope Zoe likes it!!!
Whenever I'm anywhere new....I always have to look for any stamping/scrapbooking stores. While I was on Guam, we went to the Chamorro Village (it's like a little out-dooor market area. Lots of vendors with a lot of touristy stuff). Well...I found a stamp place and of course, bought stamps!!!
So, for my Hafa Adai card, I'm sending this card to a cousin here in the states, along with lemon powder (from Guam). I think the next time I make this card, I'm not going to use pink CS. I used pink because I colored the plumeria pink. Oh and talking about plumeria....the flower in the inside is a plumeria. It is one of my fave flowers on Guam!
Thanks for looking and laters Gators!!!

Owl Card:
DS: Heart Stripe (The Paper Studio)
CS: Brown, pink and white (from stash)
Stamps: Owl & sentiment (Twit Twoo by Kelly Panacci - SandyLion
Ink: Stazon - Timber Brown
Markers: Copic Sketch (Sephia, Sand), Sharpie (Orange), Twinklette (Pink)
Ribbon: Misc. from stash
Sticker: Misc. from stash


Hafa Adai Card:
DS: Palm Trees (The Paper Studio)
CS: Brown, pink and white (from stash)
Stamps: Jungle Hut, Hafa Adai, Plumeria from http://www.vividjungledesignsguamdirect.com/home.html
Ink: Stazon (Timber Brown), Cat's Eye [ColorBox] (Ice Blue)
Markers: Copic Sketch (Veronese Green, Pink, Golden Yellow, Warm Gray No. 1, Skin White), American Crafts Glitter marker (Green)

No comments: